'New India' is the largest non-life Insurance Company in India. Working with New India is not only personally rewarding but also financially rewarding. It's a real challenge to work with leader like New India. Check out for wonderful career options to give your career a new twist.
How To Become An Agent?
Your certainly can Become our Agent if – You are outgoing, ambitious to own a business and like meeting people where you can decide your working hours.
Here are simple step-by step guide on How To Become An Agent of 'New India'.
- Age: Completed 18 years
- Qualification: Minimum qualification of pass in 12th standard or equivalent examination conducted by any recognized Board or Institution in places where there is a population of five thousand or more (As per 1991 census), otherwise a pass in 10th standard or equivalent examination from recognized board or institution if the applicant resides in any other place.
- Contact your nearest offices (details available on our website). Our office will upload your details (including photograph and signature) on IRDA (Insurance Regulatory & Development Authority) Portal. [Sponsorship for Individual Agency are available on IRDA portal ]
- Once you are sponsored by our Organisation, a DD amounting to ' 600/- ( ' 250/ License Fee+ ' 350/- Examination Fees) payable to 'New India Assurance Co.Ltd.' to be submitted to our Office and you need to undergo training.
- Training: Practical training will be of 50 hours at our IRDA approved training centers and 75 hours of training in case of composite ( life and general) insurance agency. Training is to be spread over 3 weeks and 4 weeks respectively. There is relaxation of hours to 50 and 70 respectively in case he posses certain extra professional qualification. In case of 2nd renewal of licenses for existing agents, the hours of training required is 25 and in case of composite 50 respectively.
- Insurance Examination: After successful completion of training, you will have to appear for Examination and Pass in examination with 50% marks to be conducted by Insurance Institute of India, Mumbai, or other body approved by IRDA for 100 marks in 2 hours on course IC-34.
After completion of above process and passing the examination you will awarded a license issued through IRDA Portal to work as an Insurance Agent of our Company.